Back to bikes


This old bicycle has become a staple of my neighborhood. I walk by it several times a week and always think to myself, I've got to get a picture of that. With the announcement of the August theme day, I finally took my camera to the street and clicked a few shots (I also got funny looks from passers-by). 

It's difficult to show how the bike really appears; those hollyhocks have really become one with the bike. I sometimes wonder what has happened to this bike's owner, did they have a severe injury and can't ride anymore? Or did the planter of the hollyhocks park the bike here on purpose? Another mystery, but every time I pass by, I smile. And that's a good thing! 

 

21 comments:

  1. The hollyhocks certainly make it special! You see so many bikes abandoned here as you know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't understand why people would give you looks for taking a couple of photos of this scene. I am glad you did...thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now you have me wondering. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Life is full of mysteries. We are fortunate if some of them are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Hollyhocks help to beautify the bike; I'd like to have the basket.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It still looks in good condition too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Indeed this bike has the same fragile radiation as the hollyhocks. A nice simple photo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A mystery bike in your neighbourhood. AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wondered about those hollyhocks growing around that bike when I first saw the photo. A mystery waiting to be solved.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Show me place in Berlin where you will find no bikes !
    The bike in your shot has fallen in love with the hollyhocks. It's possible in Berlin .

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah... another bike mystery. There were many 8/1. And there must be stories hidden away with many of them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It has become part of the environment.. I like the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice! The bike doesn't look so old.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You'll have to become a sleuth...

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm surprised it would have stayed in place without being stolen by this point.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a sweet scene...and an interesting mystery...!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great fun, Hal. Flowers and bikes go together, though the flowers can make bike riding a bit difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The hollyhock is such a lovely colour. I like the combination of the plant and bike.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lean on me....great support for the hollyhock! now I know what the flower is called in English.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...