Sunny days


Sadly, it seems the sunny days have come to an end. It's been cold and rainy here in Berlin and there's more autumnal weather forecast for the weekend. This shot was taken just this past Monday on German Unity Day. The weather was gorgeous and it was nice to see so many people out and about, both on boats and on land. I got this wonderful view of the Spree and the city skyline on the famous Kronprinzen Brücke (known locally as the dragon bridge) in Tiergarten. 

In other news, today was my last day on the job. Unfortunately, the company didn't have the financial means to extend my contract. It's a bit frustrating to know that I'll have to start over with my job search, but the dh and I have some big travel plans to look forward to in the meantime.

12 comments:

  1. A beautiful view. I hope things get sorted out smoothly for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful to see all those chairs lined up there.
    Sorry to hear about your job..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful view! Going forward, I hope things will work out for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is still warm and sunny here for a few more days. I hope you find a great job after your travels are finished!

    ReplyDelete
  5. By this time of year the cloudy skies have arrived...I still need my sunglasses.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There certainly are a lot of people out and about in this shot!
    So sorry to hear your job has come to an end. I hope now that you've established a work history in Berlin that it will pave the way for more opportunity. In the meantime I hope you enjoy your time off and travels.

    ReplyDelete
  7. As bright and warm as when we were there recently. Sorry to hear about your job. We've had some instances of this in our family.

    Looking forward to hearing about your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice sunny day. Sorry to read that your job has ended. On the positive side, you should get a strong recommendation and find it easier this time to get a good job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful pic, Hal !

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks relaxed all those chairs along the waterfront. Sad you to hear have lost your job.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Terrific to see so many people taking advantage of the waning days of summer. I'd like to be on that boat!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks fantastic! Must be great to relax there.
    I love the composition of the image too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...