Decorative details


I recently had the chance to take a guided tour of an old village near Berlin called Alt-Lübars. The tour included a walk through an old concert hall / ballroom called the Labsaal. The hall was badly damaged during the war and was left to rot during the DDR times. Luckily it was rediscovered in the early 1990s and has been restored to its former glory. The paintings on the ceiling really appealed to me - they almost seem like they're glowing! It's Tuesday again, so if you like old stuff take a look at Rubbish Tuesday.

PS: If you like Berlin 365 the blog, you'll love the Berlin 365 Facebook page. You can find it here

21 comments:

  1. So many forgotten treasures! I'm glad they're being rediscovered and restored.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We need to look up to see the neat stuff! Tom The Backroads Traveller

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing all the beauty you find! All your posts are great, and it makes me want to visit Berlin! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment Linda. It's good to know people appreciate the blog. That keeps me going. :)

      Delete
  4. Spectacular!!
    P.S. Liked your FB page.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jackie!! If you have a page, I will like it too. :)
      I lost a few likes and I'm trying to get to at least 100 - I don't know how some people get so many.

      Delete
  5. i would have enjoyed this tour!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice to see something old turned into something pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad not all was lost during the DDR! Hooray for restoration work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how beautiful! Wonderful share. I love this too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sometimes it is good to look up! It really seems to glow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow, this is impressive!
    And beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The restoration is stunning Hal and my! I've been absent and I have a lot of your posts to catch up on!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is quite beautiful. Looks more like a church than a concert hall!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How very beautiful!

    Visiting from Rubbish Tuesday,

    Lindy

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's always so brilliant when they restore instead of destroy.. fabulous details here Hal.

    ReplyDelete
  15. All I can think of to say is, "WOW!"

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...